Partnering with Intermediaries
RMC Capital understands the critical role an intermediary can play in the sale or recapitalization of a business. We rely heavily on intermediaries and are deeply grateful to the attorneys, commercial bankers, accountants, financial advisors, professional service providers, business brokers, and other deal intermediaries who provide us with private equity investment opportunities to review. As such, we recognize the value you bring to the deal process.
Our guiding principles in regard to intermediaries:
- RMC Capital will pay referral fees for introductions to proprietary deal opportunities that result in a transaction. (Lehman formula) Assuming the seller is not obligated to compensate the intermediary.
- If the intermediary is a service provider to the seller, we will strive to retain that relationship post-closing.
- Provide a timely response for new opportunities. Our goal is no more than one week.
- You can rest assured that you and your client will be treated professionally and courteously throughout the investment process.
- We will provide consistent communication and full transparency throughout the process. We will adhere to deadlines.
- Letters of Intent will only be issued in situations where we are confident that we can close the transaction.
- Close investments quickly. We can complete a transaction in 45 to 90 days.
RMC Capital invests utilizing committed private capital that does not need any outside third party approvals to be deployed. As such, we can offer intermediaries and their clients a high degree of confidence in our ability to close transactions. RMC is not a fund. We are not constrained by the traditional short-term holding periods of private equity funds with outside capital. This allows us to operate with long-term goals and focus on building relationships that would be impossible if we were forced to operate in the short-term.
Before beginning detailed discussions regarding a potential transaction with intermediaries, we require a Non-Disclosure Agreement or Finder’s Fee as appropriate. Below is a link to sample agreements.
Don’t hesitate to call us anytime if you think there’s an opportunity that could be a good fit for RMC.