Current Business Owners
At RMC Capital we realize that selling your business is an emotional process that requires a great deal of thought and introspection. Unlike many private equity firms, all of our principals are or have been owners of smaller private companies. We have sold businesses ourselves and know the stress that can ensue as you move through the process of finding the most appropriate buyer or investor. Our team has extensive personal experience in guiding companies through the process of reestablishing growth, paying off bank debt, correcting production problems, rebuilding and or restructuring an organization, and controlling financial risk. We can assist in all of these areas while still maintaining the understanding of the challenges and sacrifices it takes to have a large portion of our wealth (and liabilities) tied up in our businesses.
As business owners, we know that owning and operating a business is a lot of responsibility. We are keenly aware of the issues you face when it comes time to consider selling or diversifying your holdings.
This is our approach and our commitment to you as a prospective seller:
- We will review your business quickly, professionally, and confidentially. (Click here to view and download our confidentiality agreement.)
- We will close our transactions in a timely manner, with the least amount of disruption as possible.
- We will seek to understand your underlying concerns and objectives and structure an offer that is “win-win.”
- We will be flexible about your ongoing role with your company and will structure a transaction according to your interests. Many sellers have remained active managers and shareholders with us, while others have retired.
- We work with a small group of highly qualified executives and can work with them to identify the right candidates to take over senior management responsibilities if you desire.
- Alternatively, we can work with your senior management team as our operating partner(s). We will motivate and reward them with ownership opportunities.
- We are committed, supportive partners, who are willing to invest in the future. We are team players. If you do not want us involved as active partners in your business, we are not the right investment partner for you or your team.
- Experience, reputation, ethics, and credibility count to a seller. Our principals and partners have a history of running successful companies, building strong partnerships, and successfully growing companies. You should know that the party to whom you entrust your business to will treat your employees properly, fulfill their commitments, and have the capacity to make the business thrive and prosper. We are that party.
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about us.